When purchasing Prima Donna, make sure you double check your size. As PD is a Belgian company they class the E cup as a our DD so where you see -
E cup- translation- Australian DD
F cup- translation- Australian E
G cup- translation- Australian F
H cup- translation- Australian FF
I cup- translation- Australian G
J cup- translation- Australian GG
What we love about Prima Donna-
Prima Donna is a generational family business, for them this is their life and it's serious business. This is a company that lives and breathe textiles and design and they are true masters at what they do.
When you buy Prima Donna and Marie Jo, you aren't just paying for the name.
What you are paying for is sublime fabrics that feel beautiful to wear and will last and last (if looked after well and treated kindly) and very clever designs that are both thoughtful and beautiful to look at. Prima Donna really know how to play with textiles to get the best in shape, beauty and support.
On a personal note, they are also brilliant to work with. Generous, helpful, organised and have great manners. We love dealing with them and we are always confident and proud selling their product, as we know we are selling an outstanding product, whether it be Prima Donna or Marie Jo.
So, to Deauville we go-
The legendary much loved and adored Deauville. This is one of the big hitters in the world of lingerie and has been a smash hit and best seller both Nationally and Internationally for years...
What we love-
- One of the most supportive bras you can find on the market
- Stunning, heavy duty lace for extra support, this will not stretch out
- Gives a great shape with the side support encouraging the bust line to the centre, on most, this can make you look smaller in the bust line
- Very comfortable due to the lovely thick stretch lycra around the sides and back
- Higher side panels for both side support and tucking in the fullness under the arms
- Extraordinary quality, if looked after, Deauville will last a long, long time
- Embroidered over the start of the straps for extra support
- Texture over the full length of the straps for extra support
- Texture over the straps for minimal slipping of hardware over time
- Texture over the straps to stop the stretching out over time
- Straps placed on an angle inward to stop slippage over the shoulders
- Double layer round the back for extra support and to keep its shape. Deauville won't stretch over time
- Staff favourite, along with the Prima Donna Couture Full support and Madison full cup. Very different styles but all 3 are our best sellers.
- Seems to suit a lot of different body shapes, is quite versatile in it's fit
Something to think about-
- Though outstanding, Deauville isn't for everyone. For some, it is a little too deep in the cup. It is designed for the fuller busted customer so for some , it can be too deep
- Not great for those who have particularly narrow shoulders as they can sit a little wide. If this is a concern for you, you may like to look at the sister style -Deauville Comfort 0161817 F-H cup or Simone Perele's Caresse 12A320, Delice Side Support 12X320 or for those who have very narrow or sloping shoulders Felina Melina 527
- It is a high support bra, which means that it will give a lot of height, though many would not consider it 'pointy', for some, they like a more rounded look. If you feel as though you would like a rounder look you may want to look at Fantasie Fusion Side Support-FL3091, Fantasie Illusion Side Support-FL2982 or if you would like a high support bra that sits a little lower through the natural design, you may want to consider Simone Perele's Delice 12X320, though be aware that none of these styles will be quite as supportive as the Deauville
- Though it is a wonderfully comfortable bra, it is highly structured so for some it's a bit much. If you feel as though you would like the same kind of design but be a little more relaxed, you may want to consider looking at our Prima Donna Madison 0162120 C-E cups or 0162121 for F-H cup
- Can be a little on the generous side in the cup area, if you feel as though you float in-between sizes, you may want to consider going down a cup size but up a back size.
- Can be a little firm around the back, if you feel as though you float between sizes, you may want to consider going up a size in the back and down in the cup to even it up. For instance- if you are a 12DD but sometimes they feel to firm then you would want the adjustment to be a 14D - this way the 14D cup will fit nearly the same as the 12DD with in half of an inch.
*Note, Deauville can be ordered in Skin and Black by special order, please e-mail to enquire of availability
*Note, Deauville sizings have been split, this page is for F-J cups. If you are needing the smaller cupped section, it will be under Deauville Full Cup C-E Style number 0161810